DIY – prawn rice recipe
We got so many requests to bring back ” Moments with chef Marvin” the series. So its here again!! The chef says there are exciting new recipes, stay tuned.
Missed the other posts from this series?, check link below for other recipes.
Heard of prawn rice? – This rice unlike Jollof and fried rice is rare but easy to make, all one needs are the necessary ingredients to make prawn rice. Did you know it is also a Chinese [Tai] meal?!
for 4 servings
• 1 onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 red chili
• 1 red pepper, diced
• ¼ lb chorizo(100 g)
• ½ teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• 1 ¼ cups long grain rice(250 g)
• 1 ¾ cups water(400 mL)
• ⅔ cup pea(100 g)
• ⅓ lb prawn(150 g)
1. Fry the onions, garlic, chilli, and red pepper with a little olive oil.
2. Add the chorizo after a minute.
3. Stir in the turmeric, salt, pepper, and long grain rice.
4. Pour in the water and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the peas and prawns until prawns are pink and no longer translucent, about 3-4
Easy and delicious, enjoy.
Follow link to read also: Moments with the chef
Stick around as we try out new recipes, meanwhile hit the comments let’s talk prawn rice?!