• 3 cups all-purpose flour Plus 1/2 cup for kneading
• 1/3 cup Sugar
• 3/4 cup Milk
• 1 Tsp Nutmeg optional
• 1.5 Tbsp Yeast 2 packages
• 2 Eggs
• 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
• pinch Salt If using Unsalted Butter
• Oil Enough for deep frying
• Strawberry Jam optional
1. Sift 2 Cups of flour in a large Bowl and reserve 1 to cup for later use.
2. Combine the yeast, sugar, Nutmeg and the 2 cups of flour. Mix together.
3. Create a well at the center and add the warm Milk, melted Butter, and Eggs. Mix everything together until a very wet dough (more of a thick batter) is formed.
4. Work the reserved 1 cup of flour into the dough a little bit at a time until a soft dough is formed.
5. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes but don’t add too much flour while kneading. The resulting dough should be soft and moist but not sticky.
6. Place the dough in a large greased bowl and grease the surface of the dough as well to prevent it from drying out. Then leave to rise for 1hr or till almost tripled in size.
7. After it’s well risen, punch down the dough to remove the trapped air and transfer it to the work surface. Roll it out and cut out the Donut circles and the holes if you choose to have holes in them.
8. cover it up again and leave to rise for about 10 to 20 minutes or till it’s almost doubled in size.
9. Fry in a preheated Oil of about 375 degrees Fahrenheit till golden brown turning halfway between.
10. Once both sides are golden brown, remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel or a cooling rack.
11. Eat as is, fill or Coat the Donuts with whatever suits your taste. Enjoy!
On another episode of moment with the chef! Stick around for more guys.